Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Archive

I've been thinking a lot lately about my relationship with technology/social networking sites, and I feel as though I've gotten a bit too connected....I think I've exposed just a little too much about myself. Not anything extreme, like my boobs (I'll warn you all ahead of time), but just displaying too many inane factoids about my interests or everyday life. I think it's really easy to get caught up with "events" that are taking place on this tiny screen while the real world is flying by, and I'll be the first to admit that I've done it.

Well, perhaps not to that extreme.
Also, my interests change daily, if not hourly, so most of the info I've had displayed about me on Facebook is outdated and I'm just too lazy to change it. With that being said, I'm going to do a major edit of my accounts on all of these sites: less personal info on Facebook, less Twitter updates, etc. I'll still be posting here, because while I wish I had the patience to write in a journal, my handwriting/spelling sucks and its easier to post neato pictures of ninjas and food and awful people on here than cutting and pasting them into a leather bound book (or in my case, one of those black and white composition notebooks) . In case I change my mind (or if in 54 years this thing still exists and I'm trying to tell quaint stories to young children about what I enjoyed back in the days before flying cars/time-travel/the zombie apocalypse and my memory's not so great) here's what my Facebook has to say about me:

Personal Information

Activities: Sleep

Interests: art, drama, costume design, procrastination, sushi, my twin, gummi bears, bad reality tv, my ex-roomie and her juice boxes, bashing twinks and hipsters, shirtless soccer players, pat clark's surprise visits, awkward but brilliant family dinners, my fish la familia (RIP), the will to my grace, my secret new best friend, pirates, makeup, dark red nail polish, Korean soap-operas, useless pop-culture trivia, having people visit my apartment, theme parties in the suite, the central park zoo, finding gay books at strand with armi, bess goden's senior thesis, going to borders and reading random shit, nina garcia when she HATES someone, the A train, voice recitals, Vault soda and Dr Pepper commercials, ninja-robots, Wizard People, dancing with glowsticks, endorphins, Dr. Ruth, missed connections, spying with Alex, sea turtles, A.V. Club:I Watched This on Purpose, the Awesome Foursome, gelato/french fries, London, anything that Robert Downey Jr touches, Kinder Surprise Eggs

Favorite Music: The Beatles, Ben Folds, Damien Rice, Dido, Elliott Smith, Elton John, No Doubt, Oasis, Remy Zero, Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin, Smashing Pumpkins, U2, Se7en, Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, Van Morrison, Fleetwood Mac, James Taylor, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Amy Winehouse, Joshua Radin, The Shins, Sia, Incubus, Duncan Sheik, Estelle, Cary Brothers, Ray LaMontagne, Kate Nash, Band of Horses, MGMT, Kings of Leon, The Kooks, Ingrid Michaelson, The Police and of course the Spice Girls

Favorite TV Shows: Lost, the Office, Project Runway, South Park, The Daily Show, Conan, Grey's Anatomy, Justice League, Arrested Development, Daria, The Critic, The Simpsons, Scrubs, Friday Night Lights, Six Feet Under, Clone High, 30 Rock, Planet Earth, Undeclared, The Joy of Painting

Favorite Movies: The Departed, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Volver, The Big Lebowski, The Emperor's New Groove, Elf, LOTR, Pirates of the Caribbean 1 and 3, Dogma, Office Space, Love Actually, Amores Perros, 300, Amelie, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Cinema Paradiso, Braveheart, Shrek, American Beauty, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Die Hard, The Bad News Bears, Blow, Almost Famous, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Not Another Teen Movie, Harold and Kumar, Can't Hardly Wait, Cry-Baby, Empire Records, In Bruges, Shawn of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Imaginary Heroes, Moonlight Mile, Into the Wild, Atonement, Iron Man

Favorite Books: America: The Book, Harry Potter, How Are You Peeling?: Foods With Moods, Good Omens, In the Lake of the Woods, Lord of the Rings, Kafka by the Shore, Catch 22, The Sex Lives of Cannibals, The Kite Runner, Shantaram, The Raw Shark Texts, The Golden Compass, A Dirty Job, Me Talk Pretty One Day, To Kill a Mockingbird, Water for Elephants, The Glass Castle, Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife, Under the Banner of Heaven, The Poisonwood Bible, The Eight, The Historian, Babbitty Rabbitty and her Cackling Stump

Favorite Quotations: I'm deeply flattered, lad, but my first and only love is the sea.

College was more than a $30,000 sleepover for me. it was a $30,000 trip into the crackdens of gay hell.
-Ana Culver

wow.....i feel like this is one of those tv shows you watch for a really long time, and then stop watching for a while, and then when you come back to it you're just like, "wait, when the fuck did that happen"
-Pat Clark

I'll keep you posted on the quidditch world cup of my heart.
-Dave Whitman

There are cliques and everything and all I can think is... this is fucking mime school.
-Maggie Robinson

I pass out with my adventure pack on.
-Alex King, roommate extraordinaire

Lord, beer me strength-Jim

"I’m like, ‘Is she a Kennedy Kennedy, or is this one of the cousins?’ She’s the one with the brother who died in the plane?" - Bess Goden

I believe our adventures in time have taken a most serious turn- Ted

"You see what a dull place the world would be without color?' he said, bowing until his chin almost touched the ground. "But what pleasure to lead my violins in a serenade of spring green or hear my trumpets blare out the blue sea and then watch the oboes tint it all in warm yellow sunshine. And rainbows are best of all-and blazing neon signs, and taxicabs with stripes, and the soft, muted tones of a foggy day. We play them all"-The Phantom Tollbooth

"The whole idea of moving to a place that has a big car culture has me apoplectic" -Tim Gunn (Finally, someone who understands!)

Me: Yeah, there's a very thin line between gay and hipster.
Matt Alvo: Yeah, there's also a very thin line between gay and retarded.

Yes, you will find true love. It will be a little more difficult than it was in Pretty Woman, but not nearly as hard as it was in Return Of The Jedi.-Eugene Mirman

Carmine: I respect the stegosaurus...herbivore , but nobody fucks with it

About Me: My current goal in life is to become a cliff-diver at Casa Bonita.

And according to Maggie, I'm a big geek.


There you have it. Now I'm off to delete it.

No comments:

Post a Comment