Saturday, May 30, 2009

Reasons I Love NY Vol. 3

Because there is a store that sells raccoon penis bones:

for only $10. Now I know what to get all my friends for Christmas!

I've walked by this store

(it's called Evolution, located in SoHo) a billion times but never went in. It's one of those places that I always make a mental note to myself to go back and then when I have free time I always forget where it is or what it's called. But a couple of days ago I had an actual need to go in: my friend Alex wants a mounted deer head (she's awesome) for her new apartment, so we went on an adventure after brunch to see if we could find one for a reasonable price. Evolution's offerings were a bit over her budget, but we had an awesome time poking around. The place has everything: need a stuffed porcupine? Got it. Freeze-dried rats and mice? Check. A snarling lion, a penguin, a fetal skeleton, a rattlesnake and a piglet? Please proceed to the register, because they have ALL of those. My two favorites that I would buy in a second? A beautiful white peacock:

and a chipmunk:

which I would dress in a tiny top hat and monocle. I can't wait to get an apartment of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment