Friday, July 24, 2009

Literary Failures

I stumbled upon a fantastic and hilarious blog the other day entitled Awful Library Books. It features weird, outdated and hilarious books found by the two librarians that run the site. Two of my favorites:




The rest of the blog is equally as great and I highly recommend it. And speaking of things literary that I recommend, I recently started reading this:



My friend Maggie told me about the book and I'm really enjoying it. Normally historical books are a little dry for my taste, but this one is very well written and exciting to read. I'm only about a third of the way through, but SPOILER ALERT Lincoln just died and it was sad and moving and Mary Lincoln is kind of a nut job huh? Anywhoo I'm looking forward to getting back on the subway so I can read more about what a bastard Booth was.

No comments:

Post a Comment