Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Book Club

Somehow, if it stemmed from our mutual hatred of Twilight or out of sheer boredom from being home on break in Colorado Springs-I dont remember exactly, my friend Maggie and I decided we should start an "Awful Book Club". Bad science-fiction, bad horror, really anything trashy or having to do with the supernatural would be covered. We never started the club, but I did get in the habit of purchasing her romance novels for birthday or Christmas gifts as kind of a running gag. (She, in turn, buys me Twilight memorabilia) My selections have covered many sub-genres, from NASCAR themed: to the supernatural: They are pretty amazing, and I plan to keep on expanding Maggie's collection as long as they keep writing them. It just so happens that Harlequin's 60th anniversery is this year, and ABC News did a hilarious segment where they had different celebrities read aloud from various books. Here's the link, it's amazing and made my crush on Paul Rudd even bigger (if that was possible)

No comments:

Post a Comment