Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Crazy Swede

This semester I've been taking a film class entitled "Films of Moral Struggle", which is really just an excuse for my professor to choose any movie he wants and talk about the "problems" they present. Really, he could show the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movies and they would still qualify under the class requirements. Thankfully, my professor has excellent taste and has been showing us some classic films by great directors- Godard, Kurosawa, Truffaut, Bergman, etc. Generally I've enjoyed almost every selection-I loved Bergman's The Seventh Seal and was really surprised I hadnt seen it sooner. When my prof told us we were going to screen another film by Bergman, I was pumped. And then we watched this film:

I'm not saying it wasn't good; I thought it raised interesting questions about intimacy, relationships, death, the whole nine yards. I would just like to be warned SPOILER ALERT if I'm about to see a woman crush glass in her hand, stick it up into her lady parts, sit and squirm around so it really gets in there, and then wipe the bloody results on her face while smiling. I don't think that's too much to ask. And on a related note, Something Awful had a brilliant addition to their ongoing Photoshop Phriday forum, this time recasting classic movies:

Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment